Whats Up

food for thought (14) recipe (13) DIY (9) garden (7) health (7) flea control (1) forage (1) recycle (1)

Monday, July 18, 2011

Wheat Bread

While making pizza the other night I noticed the recipe for whole wheat bread on the back of my King Arthur wheat flour.
I had most everything I needed already, so i got some molasses and went to work. It turned out very tasty but it did crumble a bit towards the end, and in the middle. I maybe should have cooked it a bit longer?
I still have half a bag of flour left and I have made bagels, bread, 2 pizza crusts and pancakes. Go Me!
Since the bread became crumbly I made breadcrumbs. So far I have made baked chicken tenders with them~ sooo yummy! Chicken cut up into strips, dipped in flour, then egg, then the crumbs. I'm not sure if you need to dip them in flour first or not, but it works either way!

To make crumbs, leave bread out to sit around and get stale. Then bake it a little bit on very low heat, like 200 degrees to thoroughly dry it out. Then add spices of your desires and chop!
My cucumbers are coming back! this makes me soooo happy~
they were forming teeny cukes, turning brown and dying. Leaves were dying, it was awful. But now I have soooo many happy little cucumbers, I can't wait to make so many pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment